Ordinary tourist visa is not issued to citizenz of Georgia.
Ordinary tourist visa is issued to citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for a short-term stay in Russia with a touristic purpose (visiting cultural events, excursions, familiarization with the sights), based on a tourist acceptance confirmation by a Russian touristic organization.
The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
An entry for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consults and tests is also permitted. In this case “target tourism” should be put in a field “purpose of travel” of the confirmation of acceptance of a foreign citizen, and a visa is issued for a number of days necessary for the planned events according to a time schedule indicated in a confirmation of residence (but no more than 30 days).
A single- or double-entry tourist visa to the Russian Federation may be issued.
A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if, according to the documents, during the stay in the Russian Federation a visit to neighbouring countries (near-abroad countries (CIS, Baltic countries)) or countries from which the return is to be made through the territory of the Russian Federation (for example China, Mongolia) is planned. In addition, a route must be included in the documents for a package tour (or in a foreign citizen confirmation of acceptance issued by a host Russian organization).
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry tourist visa the following must submitted:
- Invitation – tourist voucher from a hotel or authorized tourist agency (visa support)
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Copy of the personal particulars/photo (bio-data) page of the passport. This is the page of the passport which shows the name and date of birth, passport number, issue and expiry date, and photograph of the holder.
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
Citizens of Georgia, Australia and CIC must complete the visa application in Russian. The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service "Express Photo";
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa. Not required for Georgian citizens.
For more information on the submission of the documents by post see section Postal service.
Important! In case of possessing two or more passports, before submitting the documents to a Russian Visa Center, please, make sure there are no valid visas in other documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid at heVisa Center only with credit or debit card. Cash payment is not accepted.
Rates adn Terms
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
|Single/Double Entry Visa|
|4-20 business days||80/128 USD||30 USD|
All fees are paid at the Visa application centre in Georgian lari at the exchange rates set by the Interests Section of Russia on the day of payment.
The visa center accepts payment only by Bank cards. To pay in cash, you will need to use the payment kiosk installed in the Visa Center with additional fee of the Bank-operator of the kiosk.
Towards citizens of the state with which the Russian Federation has an international agreement on the amount of visa fees the relevant fees are applied.
As a rule, the Interests Section of Russia takes a decision on a visa application within 20 working days from the date of receipt of documents. In some cases, the decision-making period may be extended up to 30 working days. In urgent cases, the decision-making period may be reduced to 3 working days or less.
Completing the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled out in electronic form on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request, we can fill out the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service worth 10 GEL for each page of the application form. For Georgian citizens the application form usually consists of three pages.
A separate application form must be completed for each applicant.
If you are going to fill out the application form by yourself, we recommend you the following:
- Read carefully and follow the instructions and tooltips on the website.
- Citizens of Georgia, Australia and CIC must complete electronic visa application form in Russian (except for the name ad surname, which must be indicated in Latin letters according to the passport).
- When registering a new application form, create a password consisting only of Latin letters and numbers.
- Write down the password and number of your application from, which will be assigned to it automatically. Take your number and password with you to the visa center. The number and password will be useful if you need to print the form or make corrections, so as not to fill out the entire form again.
- Name and surname spelling must strictly correspond to the data of your passport.
- Specify the purpose of your travel, duration of the visa and number of entries, the data of the host person or organization (name, date of birth, address) must correspond to the invitation.
- You can request a smaller number of entries (for example, instead of multiple or double-entry request a single-entry visa). Please inform our officer about it when submitting documents, and our officer will give you a special application form for reduction the number of entries.
- Enter information about your previous trips to Russia and other foreign countries according to exit-entry stamps in your passport.
- At the final step of completing the application form choose the place of submission of the application — Visa Application Center Interlink Services (Tbilisi).
- After filling out the application form on the website, print it out in one copy and take it to the visa center.
- If you do not have a printer, we can print out your application form at the price of 1 GEL per sheet.